Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
US Sail Basic Level 1 Course B (with Lisa)- Mondays and Wednesdays 9:00 - 1:00pm -- CANCELLED
Monday, November 5, 2018, 9:00 AM until Monday, December 10, 2018, 1:00 PM
Marianas Yacht Club
Basic Level 1 Sailing Course
is not Required
Registration closes on November 3rd. To secure your spot, please be sure registration is fully paid by this date.
Notice of cancellation must be made by cutoff date 11/3/2018 before 5:00 pm to receive a full refund minus the cancellation fee. There will be no refund after this.
There are no refunds unless you are medically unable to participate in which case a prorated refund will be issued once a note from your physician is provided.
US Sailing Basic Level 1 Course B is held on Mondays and Wednesdays with Lisa from 9:00 - 1:00 pm.
Class Dates: November 5,7,12,14,19,26,28, December 3,5,10.
The class will be taught primarily on Lasers. If you have any questions, please contact the coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are some of the details for you or anyone interested in learning how to sail:
Class size: Limited to 4 students, so please register NOW to lock in your slot.
The lessons include the boat rental, learning materials, and gear for each day.
What to bring:
- each student must provide own appropriately sized PFD (Personal Flotation Device). Please mark PFD with student's name.
- closed- toed shoes (soft soled and able to get wet). No open-toed sandals are allowed while sailing.
- rash guard (sun protective clothing)
- plenty of water
- notebook and writing utensils
- sunglasses (and croakies- strap to keep sunglasses from falling off)
- helmet (optional)
- bug spray
- high energy snacks
Directions coming from Hagatna driving towards the Naval Base:
- While on Marine Corps Drive, turn right passing the Veterans Cemetary. There is a sign for Atlantis Tours a the turnoff.
- Continue halfway down the long road taking the first left turn down the gravel driveway. There is a sailboat on the lawn next to the driveway.
- The MYC is at the end of the palm-tree road